Be The Best You Can Be
Our curriculum aims to provide all of our children with the very best education, ensuring our children leave us being the best they can be in terms of outcomes, human values and team and community spirit.
Everything we do is underpinned by our vision to inspire, to raise aspirations and to create brighter tomorrows.
As a staff team, our aim is to inspire our children, raise their aspirations and make a positive difference to their lives – academically, socially and emotionally.
Inspiration and aspiration
- Our curriculum is inspirational. Children are inspired by what they learn. They have a thirst for learning.
- Our curriculum is aspirational in terms of knowledge taught and learned. We aspire for our children to be knowledgeable about the world.
- Our curriculum raises our children’s aspirations. We strive for them to aspire to ‘Be The Best They Can Be’ both now and in their futures.
- Our enhanced curriculum goes beyond the classroom through a range of experiences and opportunities to learn and use new knowledge and build cultural capital, inspiring our children to experience new things, building their confidence and raising their self-esteem.
Making a difference
Our curriculum makes a difference to the lives of our children through:
- exposing our children to quality texts, which open up the literary world and the contexts, knowledge and vocabulary within them for our children and builds a love of of reading
- being creative, engaging and knowledge rich so that our children enjoy learning and have a secure basis of knowledge needed to be active and educated world citizens
- being sequenced and delivered so that our children know more, remember more and are able to do more
- equipping our children with the skills and strategies they need to facilitate their own learning
- ensuring our children are knowledgeable about their local area and the resources within it as well as about the wider world and the diversity within it
- empowering them, encouraging strong moral values and team ethics and preparing them for their next steps in education and beyond