Our aim is to provide a happy, safe, caring and stimulating environment where children will achieve their fullest potential, so that they can make their best contribution to society.
At Thrumpton Primary Academy we provide an exciting, broad and challenging learning environment where staff work in partnership with our children, families, governors and the community. We aim to create a welcoming atmosphere and an ethos where all feel secure, valued and confident and enjoy coming to our academy.
Through our broad and balanced curriculum, we aim to equip our children with the skills they need for lifelong learning. We aim to embrace the wider curriculum and provide experiences beyond those that some of our children may have at home and within their community.
We aim to deliver an outstanding teaching and learning experience for our children that promotes excellence in academic achievements. We work collaboratively and in partnership with other academies to share best practice in teaching and learning.
We believe that every child matters. We nurture self-belief and have high aspirations for all our children to achieve to the highest standard possible: academically, emotionally, spiritually and socially.
At the heart of the education that we provide for our children at Thrumpton is a passionate belief, by all staff and governors, that we want our children to leave us at the end of their primary journey as happy and positive young people, with a determination to reach high standards of achievement, with the following knowledge, skills and personal qualities.
We aim for:
- a strong self-belief and high aspirations with the drive to have a go and be the best they can be
- the independence and resilience to overcome challenges and the confidence to take calculated risks
- thoughtful and responsible young people who respect themselves, others and the environment around them
- an understanding of our key values and their importance in life
- creative thinkers with an understanding of the world and the ability to question, reason and justify
- a thirst, love and ownership of learning with a pride in their achievements
- strong key skills in English, maths and communication
- team players who are able to work confidently with others
- good emotional resilience, health and well being
- young people who are well prepared for life in modern Britain
Our academy motto
Be The Best You Can Be!
Our motto is at the heart of our academy as we aim for all of our children to ‘be the best they can be’ in all aspects of academy life from their academic achievements, their approach to learning, their hobbies and behaviour.
All members of our academy community seek to work together to promote our Team Thrumpton Traits. All members of the academy community have roles and responsibilities in promoting and modelling these values which are part of our whole academy ethos.