Pupil Premium is additional money delegated to the academy and is matched to the number of pupils who are eligible for free school meals and who are children of service families. At Thrumpton Primary Academy we use our funding for a range of purposes suited to the individual needs of our children.
Please see our spending review for the most recently completed academic year and plans for spending this funding this year in the document below.
Pupil Premium – 2019-20 strategy and review of 2018-19 actions
Sport Premium grant
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150m for physical education (PE) and sport. The Sport Premium grant funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision. This funding is ring-fenced to be used for sport-specific areas, to make an impact in PE and sport in schools.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
2018-2019 plans for the funding
We will use the funding in the following areas:
- employ PE specialists / sports coaches to team-teach and model lessons for the teachers, plan schemes of work, support with assessment and deliver CPD to staff
- continue to promote the daily mile
- celebration assembly every week to ensure the whole school is aware of the importance of PE and sport
- continue to offer a wider range of activities both within and outside the curriculum
- active 30 embedded across the school
- children to access more unusual sports e.g. rock climbing, sailing etc.
- purchase bikes for nursery and reception
- use sports such as pilates and yoga to help relax children’s minds as well as their bodies
- half-day mindfulness workshop
- introduce additional competitive sports
- purchase PE equipment
- competition entry fees
- football league affiliation fees
- host a dance workshop
- purchase florescent bands to make children visible and keep them safe during C25K club
- promote healthy active lifestyles at play times and lunchtimes
- transport to events
For a detailed breakdown of how we will use the funding, see the document below:
THPA – Sports Premium Funding 2018-19
Impact of funding 2018-19
THPA – Sports Premium Funding Review 2018-19